Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Umber Layer-Fleur De Lis (WIP) & Gallery

I have added a Gallery page to my blog so that everyone can have quick access to my previous paintings.  It is still a work in progress so bear with me. Some of the paintings have links to Etsy if you are interested in purchase. Until all the links are up, if you are interested in buying one of my paintings just eamil me at taborlsu@gmail.com.   

Also, here is the Fleur De Lis after a second round of umber.



It darkened it considerably from the first round and allowed me to control tone better. Compare the first coat and second coat results:
2nd Coat
1st Coat














I also took some time to correct my crooked tabletop.  I really like the depth I can create using this method, as well as the abilty to separate tone from color--which has always given me fits.  What do you all think about the Flemish Method?

No comments:

Post a Comment