Friday, March 11, 2011

A Portrait of My Wife-Stage 2 (Re-drawing)



Okay, here is my second try at a preliminary sketch for my wife's portrait.  Again, sorry about the picture quality--apparently I am incapable of taking a decent photograph of either my paintings or drawings. 

Needless to say, my wife was less than thrilled about the quick sketch I posted earlier today.  So I spent a little time this evening re-drawing the photograph and really trying to capture the subtleties of the shaddows on her face and her skin tone.  I am fairly happy with how this second drawing turned out (I promise the actual drawing is much better than these photos show).  This one captures my wife's likeness and express much better than the first.  I think it will give me a good starting point for the painting. 

Tomorow I plan to start the painting and will post progress pictures as I go.  Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment