Friday, March 11, 2011

A Portrait of My Wife-Stage 1 (Sketch)


I have decided to try painting a portrait--which I have never done before.  I have a great photo of my wife that I took a couple of months ago.  To try and get a feel for the picture, I sat down last night and did a quick sketch.  My problem is I have never been much of a sketch artist.  Although I think the drawing turned out okay, you can see that I struggled with the mouth and chin.  I will probably take another stab at sketching the picture before I begin painting.  I will post the new drawing as well so you all can see how it changes. My plan is to post pictures of each stage all the way through the finished painting.  Being that this is my first portrait attempt, there is no telling how it will turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment