Friday, January 7, 2011

Bananas and Apple

5x7 oil on canvas board

This is a painting I finished the weekend after Thanksgiving last year.  I was recovering from a hernia surgery and was basically chair-bound for a few days.  My wife helped me set my easel up in front of my chair so I could paint.  Took me two sittings.  I painted the Bananas first, then added the wood block and the apple the next day.  I was in a fair amount of pain while I painted this one, yet I am happy with how it turned out (although not thrilled with the apple--I rushed it a bit).  My favorite part of the painting is the wooden base.  I really liked the grain of the wood in the actual block and thought it would be a nice addition.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the painting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment