Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mentoring by Abbey Ryan

I recently completed an individual artist mentoring session with daily painter, Abbey Ryan.  Abbey is an artist from Philadelphia. Her daily paintings (and larger work) are beautiful and have attracted wide attention, landing her a feature in O, The Oprah Magazine's "Live Your Best Life—Women Who Make Beautiful Things," and Seth Godin's bestseller, Linchpin: Are You Indispensible?, among others.

I highly reccomend Abbey's mentoring program.  Abbey has an uncanny ability to pick out the things that are holding you back as a painter. Her critique of my paintings have been invaluable and have allowed me to look at my work with a new eye--to see things that I never would have noticed before.  In addition, her grasp of the technical aspects of painting is remarkable.   Without a doubt, I am a better painter today because of Abbey's help.

If  you would like to learn more about Abbey and her work, here are links to her website and her blog. And here is a link for more information on her mentoring sessions.   If you have questions about my experience with Abbey's mentoring session, please email me and I will be happy to answer any of your questions.  -Charlie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment