Here is the dead layer of the cloth and jar painting from my last post. I enjoyed painting this layers quite a bit. I also learned an unbelievable amount while doing it. Being tha this is my first attempt, I think my next attempts will be better. I did leave quite a bit of the umber layer peeking through is some spots (not sure if this is right or not, but it seemed right at the time). I am particularly happy with how the grapes turned out. They are fake and are really dark. I was worried that I would not be able to get the roundess of them, but I think I did an okay job. Next step: color (in about a month or so).