Monday, April 23, 2012

Ball and Glove--Oil on Gesso Board

8x10 oil on gesso board

I realized the other day that it has been awhile since my last post.  That is not because I am not painting--I just have not had anything finished to post.  A few months back I started researching the Flemish technique, which uses multiple stage painting process.  I have a few paintings in the begining stages, which I will post shortly.  The problem is that the Flemish method takes a very long time to complete a painting (need at least 1 month between layers), so it will be a while before any of hte paintings are finished.

That being said, it took the opportunity of a little free time to jump back to my alla prima roots.  My sons are both in the middle of baseball season and late last week I had to relace my youngest son's glove (which was my glove once upon a time).  I thought the new laces contrasted well with the old leather.  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment