Okay, here is the finished portrait of my wife. It took me about two hours yesterday evening to add the color to the face and lips and rework portions of the hair. All I did was take the flesh tint tube of paint I purchased (I am still a very poor paint mixer) and add either ivory black or zinc white to get the tone I needed, which I then added to the painting over the dry underpainting I made last weekend. The lips I did with cadmium red and zinc white. I have to admit, I am a bit unhappy with the lips. They are much darker than the picture (where she has a nice, rosy color to her lips). I think my mistake was the underpaiting, where I just added too much dark to that area. I may try to go back and lighten them up a bit when the paint is dry.
It is hard to tell from this picture (which, as usual, is from my cell phone), but I played with the hair quite a bit. And believe it or not, I actually used some medium in the hair--which I really liked. I basically took raw umber and ivory black and tried to bring out the darks and the transition to light, where the brown of her hair really shows. Once the paint is try, I may also go back in an use some white to highlight a few spots.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy.